L1 Association (Hungary)
Stary Browar Nowy Taniec (Poland)
Nová síť (Czech Republic)
More information about deadlines and applications at visegradfund.org/residencies
photos © Jakub Wittchen dla Art Stations Foundation by Grażyna Kulczyk
Visegrad Artist Residency Program - Performing Arts was launched in 2011 in cooperation with Truc Sphérique, Žilina. VARP - Performing Arts provides opportunities to host performing artists or companies from and in all V4 member states and to support concerted work of talented artists to create a platform for information exchange and to support the contemporary theatre and dance in Central Europe.
The program aim at supporting innovation, experiment and creativity in the performing arts - new drama, contemporary dance, new circus, physical theatre, visual theater, alternative theater, performance art. The program is not suitable for stone theaters, already developed performances, or theater festivals. The program supports exchanges and contributes toward more intensive collaboration among freelance artists and performing arts institutions in V4 countries.
- professional and innovative approach in the performing arts as demonstrated in the application form and portfolio (attached documentation of previous work/projects)
- applicants must be citizens of V4 countries who are at least 18 years old
- applicants can be both individual artists or artistic groups (members of a group shall be from the same country)
- each applicant may be granted support only once in each V4 member state other than the applicant’s citizenship and residence;
- each applicant may be granted support only once per calendar year;
- residencies are intended as 3-month projects with a minimum 2-week stay at given host institution
- all applicant’s previous projects supported by the Fund must be finished and closed at the time of applying;
- the financial support is given to both the artists and the host institutions.
Compulsory enclosures to the application:
- copy of the applicant’s ID (copy of IDs of each applicant if applying as informal group);
- documentation of the applicant’s previous work - portfolio (uploadable in the on-line application form) + reviews, where possible (also uploadable);
- original letter of acceptance from the host organization (copies, faxes or scans cannot be accepted); the letter must be on a letterhead paper and must include the following information: name of the artist, title of the project, planned dates of the project, date and signature of the statutory representative
- copies of ID documents of the host organization; such documents: must include the name of the statutory representative, must include the registered seat of the organization, must include ID number of the organization (e.g. tax ID number), cannot be older than 3 months
All compulsory enclosures (except for the registration documents and/or a copy of ID) must be in English. All documents must be delivered to the Fund along with the application form in a single package; documents sent separately cannot be accepted.