Complete the online Aerowaves application form here.
Applications must be completed by 14 September 2015!
More information about Aerowaves.
More information about Spring Forward.
Main Polish Aerowaves Partner-
Art Stations Foundation by Grażyna Kulczyk.
Co-founded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union
Aerowaves is a network which annually researches younger dance work in Europe, and seeks cross-border presentation opportunities for selected artists. In 2009 over 70 performances were confirmed in 22 European cities. This increased to over 80 in 2010, and 100 subsequently, including those of our annual festival Spring Forward. This application is for 2016, when we aim to offer as many opportunities, and possibly more.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply using the online application form between 1 June and 14 September 2015. Each application must include a link to a video hosted on Vimeo AND the original video file must be sent to us using We Transfer - we are not using DVDs anymore!
- Read the eligibility criteria thoroughly before putting your application together
- Get your application in as early as possible
- Give yourself plenty of time to upload your video to Vimeo – technical hitches cause stress, especially at the last minute!
- Make sure the video of the work you are submitting is of the highest possible quality and correct length
- Let your national Aerowaves representatives know that you are applying and invite them to see your performance live
PROVIDING YOUR VIDEO ON VIMEO
- Please upload your video to Vimeo in HD and include the link in your application form
- Use the privacy settings if you do not wish it to be public, but include the password in your application form
- If your video is too big for Vimeo's free membership, you should take a Vimeo Plus subscription for one month at €7.95
- We use your Vimeo links to share with Aerowaves Partners before our Annual Meeting in October - so that they can do their homework!
SENDING YOUR VIDEO BY WE TRANSFER
- We no longer accept DVDs sent in the post
- Name your video file with the title of your work
- Please follow the instructions on wetransfer.com to upload and send your video file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure that you send us the highest quality video file that you have of your work
- We will download your video file onto a hard drive to use during our Annual Meeting in October
TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR VIDEO
- Since our selection process is assisted by watching a video recording, it's really important that you think about how your work will come across.
- The video should be a fairly simple record of a public performance of the work from beginning to end
- If you are applying with an edited version of a longer work, the video you provide must be of the shortened version
- It should include close-ups and wide shots – think about how best to represent the work in terms of details / angles / capturing the scale
- Promotional videos are not acceptable, nor are videos of any work other than the one with which you are applying to Aerowaves
- You must be resident in Europe to apply
- You may apply with only one work per year
- The work you are submitting must have been made in geographical Europe
- Your work must be 15-40 minutes in length
- Your work should be easily included in a double or triple bill and have simple technical requirements
- Work by postgraduate students is eligible, but not work by undergraduates
- You must fill in the Aerowaves application form correctly, upload your video to Vimeo, providing us with the link and the password if necessary and send us the original video file by We Transfer
- Previous Aerowaves applicants, successful or unsuccessful, may apply again - but you cannot apply with the same work twice
- You must be prepared to perform for a small fee, based on a guideline amount of €200 per person travelling, per performance when undertaking performances with Partners supported by Aerowaves
- For Spring Forward, fees are based on €100 per person travelling, per performance, in recognition of the additional promotional value of the festival
- These criteria have guided the decision making of the Partners for the last 20 years:
- The work is propelled by a good idea
- Choreographed with an originality motivated by this idea
- Which has the confidence to omit the superfluous
- With a clear and sturdy structure
- Danced with clarity, verve, commitment and assurance
- That will look good presented under limited technical conditions
- From a company that has not toured much abroad
- But whose experience might be enriched through Aerowaves
- And that will have a future
AFTER YOU APPLY
- After you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email within a day or two
- All eligible applications will be reviewed at the annual Aerowaves Partner meeting at the end of October
- A selection of Aerowaves Twenty artists will be finalised by a vote in the week following the Aerowaves Partner meeting
- Selected candidates will be notified by email and the Aerowaves Twenty will be published online
- If you are selected within the Aerowaves Twenty you may be programmed in Spring Forward, and offered performance invitations by our Partners, but neither can be guaranteed
- Even if you are not selected, you may still be programmed in Spring Forward and have the chance of being offered performances by our Partners
- Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants, we cannot offer individual feedback on the works submitted